There are a lot of different sports betting sites to chose between online, and which one that is best for you depends on a long row of factors. Since each punter is an individual, it is difficult to point at a particular site and hail it as the best one. We each have our own needs and preferences, and a factor that is a deal-breaker for one person can be quite insignificant for another. It should also be noted that it has become increasingly common for sports bettors to have accounts with several sports betting sites, to be able to effortlessly use the one that is offering the best value at the moment.
Here are a few examples of questions that can help you find the right sports betting site for you:
- Does the site have a good reputation among your fellow sports bettors? Every site will have some disgruntled members, so you need to look at the big picture here.
- Is the site available in a language that you are comfortable using?
- Can the odds be displayed the way you want them to be displayed? Decimal odds, fractional odds, etc.
- Does the site have a great offer for the sports and events that you are most likely to bet on? What markets are available and how generous are the odds?
- How’s the live betting and the live streaming of events (if any)?
- Is this a site that you would deposit with even if they didn’t have that alluring welcome offer? Welcome bonus offers, free bets and other promotions are nice, but don’t get overly enthralled by them because in the long run other factors are more important for your bankroll and overall satisfaction with a betting site.
- When is the support open and is this when you normally engage in betting? Is support available the way you prefer (phone call, call back service, email, live chat, etc)? Do you need to make an expensive call abroad to get phone support? Is support available in a language that you are comfortable using?
- Does the site accept any of your preferred methods for deposits and withdrawals? Are there any fees associated with deposits and withdrawals using these methods?
- Where is the sports betting site licensed? Is this considered a serious and reputable jurisdiction or could any scam site get a license from them?
- Do you find any other kind of games that you want to play, like casino games, such as blackjack, roulette, slots etc.
- Do you enjoy mobile betting? If so, don’t forget to check out the site’s mobile offering. App or browser betting? Compatible with your mobile device?
Bet365 offers pre-event betting and live betting. Examples of available markets are result, 1X2, half time/full time, over/under, asian handicap, draw no bet, score cast, number of corners, and number of cards.
You can bet from your computer, a smartphone or a tablet. Sports betting (including horse racing and greyhound racing) is the main attraction here, but you can also bet on financial markets, TV-shows, awards, political elections, and more. Betting on virtual events is possible.
Bet365 was founded back in 1974, and still has an offline presence. Nowadays, Bet365 is licensed by three different jurisdictions: United Kingdom, Gibraltar, and the Northern Territory of Australia.
You can bet on sporting events, awards, political elections, TV-shows, and more. The largest and deepest odds offer is the one for association football, especially the European leagues.
Betting on virtual events is possible at 10Bet.
10 Bet is accessible from computers, smartphones and tablets.
10Bet is owned by Cyprus-based ZapZap Marketing Limited and has a gambling license from Curacao.
BetVictor offers pre-event betting and live betting. The site has an enormous odds offer, that is both varied and deep. Do you want to bet on a low football league or a little known surf contest? Go to BetVictor.
In August 2015, Oddschecker hailed BetVictor as the bookmaker offering the best odds most often on the major European football leagues.
You can bet from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
BetVictor arranges virtual horse races, greyhound races, motor races, speedway races, football matches, tennis matches and cycling events around the clock, seven days a week.
The BetVictor site is run by BetVictor Limited, a company based in Gibraltar. BetVictor has a gambling license from Gibraltar and another one from the United Kingdom. BetVictor used to be known as VC Bet, and before that it was Victor Chandler. The company was formed in 1946 by William Chandler. Victor Chandler Sr was his son, and Victor Chandler Jr his grandson.
At the William Hill site, both pre-event betting and live betting is available. You can bet from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Switching between decimal odds, fractional odds and American-style odds is easy.
William Hill has odds for sporting events around the world, but their deepest and most varied offer is for events that either takes place within the United Kingdom or for some reason is popular among UK-based punters anyway.
In addition to offering all the typical markets, William Hill is known for having an interesting selection of novelty bets available, especially for association football.
William Hill started out in 1934 and is thus one of the oldest extant bookmakers. The company is traded on the London Stock Exchange but based in Gibraltar for tax reasons. William Hill has gambling licenses from the UK and Gibraltar.
BetFred has pre-event betting and live betting available, and you can bet from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Examples things you can bet on are sporting events, greyhound races, horse races, TV-shows, awards, and political elections. Sports and races make up the bulk of all events.
BetFred is strong when it comes to sports that are popular in the UK and somewhat weaker when it comes to the rest of the world, including continental Europe and the Nordic countries. For association football, BetFred has a great offering with plenty of novel betting forms to explore.
BetFred was founded in England in 1967 and is named after Fred Done, one of its founders. The company is today active both offline and online, and runs over 1,350 betting shops. BetFred is licensed by Gibraltar and by the United Kingdom.